Sunday, December 8, 2013

MD: Now that I


As a student of English how to save money at the Faculty of Arts in the seventies of the last century, I had to do with the lady who was to see and hear very English. Margaret Davis. I have never heard speak Slovenian. Over the years I have at the summer seminar of the Slovenian language dedicated to the translation to and from English, chatted with his former professor Stanko Klinar; joined to us Mrs. Davis and I also enchanted by the Slovenian language. Only the voice characteristics of its mother tongue by the issue, but otherwise she spoke fluently, how to save money and is expressed very nice and slick. At that time I did not hike again and passed many years, we are again met with Klinar for the hills. It was only then that I learned what impressed planinka and "Slovenian" is the English woman. And not only that much of our mountains how to save money texts were translated into English how to save money and thus closer to foreign visitors. Has recently how to save money released how to save money its latest version: The Soca Valley - Mountain Biking Guide. With her I talked to Gore-site ljudje.net.
GL: Are you 40 years of living among us on the issue of how you ended up in Slovenia, soon realize that it can be interpreted in two ways: how you drifted here and how you have demonstrated here, reconstruct, in short, "worked out" ? Although you linguist, however, these are shades that they can not only learn, but it should be in the language how to save money quite a bit to get used to them really feel. Slovenian think?
MD: First of all I think of first importance by giving then a second meaning - but since you are clearly explained. Puns are valued in English; nice to get acquainted with them in another language. The question "Do you think Slovenian?" Concerns several segments, not to answer only yes or no. Perhaps I may say that I think Slovenian when in normal (after) speech consciously translate, and you can not imagine how proud I was when I - it will be a number of years - even began to dream in Slovenian. It is true of course that the two Slovenian and English mentality fundamentally very different. I can not say that I can write how Slovenian text that will be one hundred percent Slovenian content and style. As well as some typical Slovenian translation of English texts - regardless of the fact that these translations render native speakers of Slovenian language - I find non-Slovenian.
MD: In short, the then Department of Germanic how to save money languages at the Faculty of Arts, I got a job as a teacher of English language (this site was launched in England in the context of the British Council), I started teaching English in October 1971 respectively. It is a further deeper reason. Already in the teenage years, I became interested in Central and Eastern Europe. I was interested in the question of how someone who believes in Jesus Christ and guided by his teachings, actually living under the communist how to save money regime. Before I came to Slovenia, I have two years teaching English at the University of Bucharest, a city that has been issued by the British Council. Such a mission how to save money site was actually possible to get anywhere how to save money in this part of Europe, and initially how to save money I intended, alternately job orb over these lands.
GL: Yes you have settled how to save money well, in fact, proven by the fact that you are among us "hold out" for 40 years. Who has the most credit for this: we're so brilliant to me and our mountains or you are so durable you?
MD: Both sides have played a role. An early age I fell in love with Slovenia, as a result of natural beauty as for locals. (Would not you could wish for better how to save money friends anywhere in the world.) Of course, it was not so easy to stay here, especially for the time of Yugoslavia, after my contract expired with the British Council. For many years I have dedicated themselves to studying, but I got a job at other universities where I taught technical English.
MD: Now that I'm retired, I'm particularly looking forward to translating (from English into Slovene). For me, this "recreation", and now I have enough time to book and even longer texts. At the beginning it was very instructive for me to participate Stanko Klinar in the book Treasures of Slovenia Matjaz Kmecl, Ljubljana 1981 (2nd edition Treasure Chest of Canada, 1987). Let me add a few more recent books: Triglav National Park (Slovenian, English, German and Italian versions), Janez Bizjak and costs KLEMENC, Ljubljana 1994; Mountaineering in Slovenia, Tina Mihelic, Ljubljana 2003, Military how to save money Mountaineering Skills, Miha Cook, Ljubljana 2005, The Alps - a Bird's-Eye View, Matthew Lenarčič and Janez Bizjak, Nazarje 2009 The Soca Valley - Mountain Biking Guide, Leon Leban, Ljubljana 2011. I like the historical how to save money theme, for example Commentarium the 450 anniversary of the publication of the first Slovenian book - a facsimile of the first Slovenian books (Slovenian, German and English how to save money text), Matjaž Kmecl and Martin Žnidaršič, Ljubljana 2000. Occasionally translate to the Provincial museum - mostly accompanying text for

No comments:

Post a Comment